Love Bug Valentine Craft & FREEBIE Valentine Card


With the days in January quickly coming to a close, I started thinking about Valentine's Day! Do you celebrate it in your classroom? I do and have students make these super-cute Love Bugs to decorate their bags for exchanging Valentine cards!

Love Bug Craft and FREE Valentine Cards! Creating a Thoughtful Classroom
I ask my students to write Valentines for one another. We discuss being bucket-fillers- I strive to make that concept part of our classroom culture. Instead of Valentines being token messages, I ask my kiddos to think of meaningful compliments to write to their classmates on their Valentines. They are free to use their own handmade or purchased cards, but I also provide them with a template:
Love Bug Craft and FREE Valentine Cards! Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

Some start with "You are.." (nice, funny, good at soccer, etc.) or "I like it when..." (we read together, play tag, etc.) This helps students who are having trouble thinking of something complimentary to write for a particular person. They can be printed on colored paper, or students can color them.
If you'd like them for your class, click HERE!

You can check out my LOVE BUG craft in my TpT shop!

Are you allowed to celebrate Valentine's Day? What activities do you do with your class?

4 comments

  1. I like the idea of teaching my students to write thoughtful compliments to their classmates. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mary! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. The love bugs are adorable. I second Mary's comment; having kids write personalized messages is much more authentic and meaningful.
    thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top