Currently...it's November!


Wow! November's here! I'm checking in with Farley for Currently :)

Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

The 1st two are pretty self-explanatory......so I'm jumping right to what I'm thinking about- The best of my November highlights so far include being a proud mama! My son, Jalen, plays volleyball and their team won the big tournament- it's kind of like district championship, but international! 8 teams from 7 countries came to our school here in Bangladesh for the three-day (that's why I'm needing some sleep!) tournament. Here are the champs- GO TIGERS!
Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

We are a sporty family, so of course we are pumped. I am so thankful I was able to watch Jalen play because the tournaments are often out of country, but this time our school hosted. Our school community is so strong here, and the support for the team was amazing!
Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

I've also been wanting more time to blog! My poor little blog has been neglected. We've been doing a lot of awesome learning that I want to share, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day! Can you relate??? My family and teaching come first, which is the way it should be, so why do I feel bad about not posting as often as I'd like????

Lastly, I am reading Research-Based Methods of Reading Instruction for an online class that I am taking. What I like: it's an easy-read, not too wordy and filled with tips and suggestions for lessons and activities to do with your students. What I don't like: if you are an experienced teacher, there's not that much new information, however, I think it would be very helpful for beginning teachers.
Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

What are you "currently" up to?
Thanks for stopping by!

Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

3 comments

  1. Hey Karli, nice to "e-meet" you! I feel the same way about blogging. I have some much to say and share, but not enough time. Just like you FAMILY comes first! True story, when I was in grade school Sharon was my advisor and Sylvia was one of my professors. Sharon is one of the coolest, funniest, and supportive people I've met! I had the pleasure of working with her on a major project and she's so smart and thinks about teachers and kids ALL THE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can relate to never having enough time to blog. And my lil family only consists of my boyfriend and my dog. I can't imagine trying to balance it with even more responsibilities! Anyways congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your son! That is great you got to see his team win!!
    I also need time to blog! I can seem to only do it once a week. It is so hard to balance it all!

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top