Friday, February 14, 2014

Five for Friday Valentine Edition!

February is a busy time of year and this week was no exception! The 100th Day and Valentine's Day in the same week? I'm linking up with Doodle Bogs Teaching to share some highlights from my classroom this week...
We've been learning about fractions in math. We made these caterpillars inspired by The First Grade Parade. Lots of fun!
We celebrated the 100th Day of School this week. We enjoyed sorting our trail mix and making a couple of "accessories"- ties for the boys and bracelets for the girls, both from Cara Carroll.

a "Star Wars" tie! Love it!
We made these fabulous hearts from Deep Space Sparkle based on the book The Shape of My Heart. You can read my post about it HERE.
We celebrated Valentine's Day a day early because we go to school from Sunday to Thursday. (Yes, it's weird at first, but you get used to it!) Anyway, we made love bug bags to hold our valentines!

I know Valentine's Day is comercial, but at this age I find that it's sincere. They were SO excited to deliver their cards!!! I think it's a great way to promote "bucket-filling"!

We also played "Pin the Lips on Miss Valentine". I found this idea through Pinterest and thought it was hilarious! I whipped up a poster (don't you just love my art work??) and printed clip art lips on red paper. The kids had a blast! The perfect party game for firsties!
Before....
After!

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day in your class? Any favorite games or activities- I'd love to hear about them!
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

1 comment:

  1. I love the pin the lips game. Too cute! I want to hear more about this Sunday through Thursday schedule. This week we only went from 1/2 Monday-1/2 Tuesday, but next week is Monday-Saturday. Gotta love snow! Love the name of your blog. :)

    Amy

    Always Adapting

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!