Saturday, November 2, 2013

What's CURRENTLY on my mind!

Well, it's been about 6 months since I started blogging, and today I'm excited to link up for the first time with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her "Currently..." linky party and meet some new bloggers! Here's what I'm up to...



I'm listening to hammers banging- there's always construction going on here in Dhaka, Bangladesh! Lots of apartment developments. Everything here is built (painstakingly) by hand- brick by brick, or concrete. Luckily they've been stopping before bed time!
How do you like that bamboo scaffolding?
I'm loving coaching girls' basketball! I coach with my hubby! He's the expert, and I'm his assistant. The girls are fantastic and we're having a lot of fun. Any other coaches out there??? We had our first games this weekend. The varsity lost, but the JV won! Our 6 am practices have been cramping my style a little bit- I didn't write a lot of posts in October- hopefully more this month!

I'm thinking about winter break! Is that bad? ;) We are going to Bali!!!! Woo hoo! Never been there, so I can't be more excited. I need a break more than ever; this year has been pretty hectic!


I'm wanting to get fall conferences done! I know I'm not alone- a lot of you have had conferences lately. We follow the "marathon" style, you know when you have conferences ALL DAY LONG! We actually need a day and a half- they're set for Tuesday afternoon and Thursday.  Ours are also student-involved, so the child shows his/her portfolio to their parents. There's quite a bit of prep that needs to happen, especially with first graders! Wish me luck :)

I'm needing to find a pumpkin dessert! We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, and I've been craving pumpkin products! I want something other than the run-of-the-mill pumpkin pie. How about this... my pin!......


I found this, the "Best Damn Pumpkin Dessert, Period!" at
 http://beachbakeaholic.blogspot.com/2010/10/best-damn-pumpkin-dessert-period.html
With a name like that, I've gotta try it! Nothing fancy, just yummy! The ingredients are simple, so I'll see how it goes! Any other pumpkin fans out there?

What are you currently up to?

Thanks for stopping by!
Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

4 comments:

  1. We had conferences last week. I am definitely glad that is over. I had the most bizarre conferences ever this year so I am so glad that I can check that off my list.

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Student-led conferences sound like such a great idea. I have always wanted to do them. I would love to hear more about how you run yours!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so awesome you teach in Bangladesh! Bali sounds amazing!!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were in Bangladesh ! That's pretty exciting.
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!