FREEBIE for Back to School!

With July rapidly coming to a close, many teachers are preparing for "Back to School"! In honor of this busy time, I'm sharing something I made and used during morning meetings last year.

Morning meeting is part of our daily schedule because it's such an effective way to build community. Playing cooperative games during this time helps students to get to know one another and have fun in a noncompetitive way. Plus, it's tons of fun!

To help myself be better organized and teach my students these games, I created cards that I could cut out and put on a ring to hang on my teaching easel for easy referral. When it was time to play a game, I'd grab the cards, flip through them and ask students which one they wanted to play. They did grow to have favorites, by the way...and they weren't too shy to bug me about request that we play them!

Click on the picture to download!


Here's a preview of what the cards look like:

Most of the games need minimal or no materials or at all. I hope you find these cards helpful as you start the school year and build strong relationships with and between your students!

Do you hold morning meetings in your class? What tips can you share? I'd love to hear from you :)

Check out what other teachers have been up to lately at 4th Grade Frolics where everyone is linking up for Monday Made It!
If you're looking for more freebies to start off the new school year, go visit Classroom Freebies! It's Manic Monday!


Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

12 comments

  1. I use cards just like this for both greetings and activites for our morning meetings. Like you, I typed mine up and keep them on a ring! Great minds...!! I can't wait to see if there are any you have that I don't! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to print these out and hang them by our meeting place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas for Morning Meeting.

    Jessica
    Wild & Fun in Pre-K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by from the Manic Monday linky...even though I teach middle school I do a kind of "morning meeting" to create community. I use both the Responsive Classroom and Tribes approaches. Thanks for the games!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these. The kids will love the games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute ideas! Thank you so much for the games!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really awesome! I can't wait to print them and start using them. I never thought of laminating and putting them on a ring. I would just make a list to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve your blog and your Morning Meeting Activities. Thanks for the freebies. I've followed you.
    Mary Ann
    http://www.superteachsspecialedspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all! Glad you are finding them helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! This is a great resource! I can't wait to try it with my students this fall.

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top