Goals for June

How often do you set goals? I have to admit that while I believe in the effectiveness of setting goals (especially for my students), I'm not always faithful to do it myself. So today I'm changing that! I'm linking up with Jess from I {Heart} Recess to share my goals for the upcoming month!
http://iheartrecess.blogspot.com/2013/05/june-monthly-goals.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IheartRecess+%28I+%7Bheart%7D+Recess%29
Personal: I have 8 school days left, and 13 days until we pack our suitcases and get on the big bird and fly home to the States and Canada for the summer. Needless to say, it's a hectic time that feels a little bit more crazy because I have to pack up my classroom; our school is being renovated so next year I'll be in a temporary classroom that they haven't even finished building yet. Sounds crazy, right? Well, I don't want to BE crazy, so my first goal is to breathe and take it all one step at a time! I want to enjoy these last few days with my students as well as the first days of summer break.

Family: I'm looking forward to more game nights with my boys and hubby as well as being a football mom and watching them play in the summer league in Windsor, Canada. Go Ravens!!!

Health: I have a really big sweet tooth in the first place, but when we come home for the summer it can be really hard to "just say no" to dessert- after living in Dhaka for most of the year and not having a lot of my favorite foods, I pretty much want to indulge in everything...ice cream especially! Can anyone say "mix-ins"???

School: Like I said, 8 days left! My goal is to stick to my organized plans so my kiddos stay engaged and busy. I also want to pack my classroom up methodically, cleaning out some unnecessary junk along the way!

Blog: Well, I'm still a newbie and have a long way to go. Among lots of other things I want/need to learn, I want to add facebook and pinterest buttons to my blog. I know I'll feel accomplished once I get those babies up! 

Reading: I ordered Ellin Oliver Keene's book, Talk About Understanding: Rethinking Classroom Talk to Enhance Comprehension, so it's waiting for me at home. I love teaching reading and believe it's important to dig deeper into comprehension with kids, so I can't wait to see what Ellin has to say. I'll also be finishing up Spelling K-8 by Diane Snowball. I'm a total "word nerd" and am fascinated by how words work. I've been reflecting on and refining my own spelling instruction and will be going to a workshop in early July.

What are your plans for June?
Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

7 comments

  1. WOWIE! What an interesting teaching position! I can NOT imagine all the packing you must have to do! But what an experience for your family... immeasurable!

    From one word nerd to another... Are you familiar with the "Words Their Way" series by Donald Bear, et al.? I have a group of struggling fifth grade ELA students and it has helped them AND ME immensely.

    Good luck with all your goals this summer... definitely eat LOTS of ice cream... it's good for the soul:)

    Angela (your newest follower)
    The Teacher's Desk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! It's been an adventure :) Yes, I'm familiar with Words Their Way and have used some of their methods, but I've really gotten into word inquiry which is also great. I'm trying to take the best of everything, I guess :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karli! Your blog is cute! I'm so glad you found me at the Linky Party. I think the linky parties are GREAT!! I teach in the Humble district. I heard teachers overseas get treated like royalty. Is this true? =) I agree with you about just breathing and taking it one step at a time. As teachers we tend to forget about ourselves because we're so focused on everything else. I'm excited to be your newest follwer!

    ((HUGS))
    Tiffany
    One Fab Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! Yes, we are very well taken care of. I've really enjoyed my experience overseas and have grown so much!
      Thanks for stopping by & following :)
      Karli

      Delete
  3. What a crazy few weeks you are going to have! Enjoying visiting home this summer!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I am still debating on creating a facebook page for I {Heart} Recess, sometimes it's difficult to keep up with blogging not sure if I could keep up with both...good luck!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli, I think you make a good point about enjoying the ride. I'm a new follower! I'm having a giveaway; hope you can join!

    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top