My First Linky Party

Today I'm linking up with fellow blogger, Latoya Reed, from Flying into First. I love the idea of this linky party because it's whole purpose is to get to know new people. Perfect for me! It's my first linky as a new blogger! :)

In the spirit of Teacher Appreciation Week, Latoya is asking people...

1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?



1. It's gonna sound corny, but I just always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I used to play school (like most of you, I'm sure!) with my friends in the neighborhood. Of course, I was always the teacher because of my naturally bossy helpful personality. My mom, who was a teacher, also had a huge impact on me. I remember going to school with her at times, especially as I got older. I just loved being with little kids, reading stories and making arts & crafts!

2. I think my most rewarding experience as a teacher was last year with a student I had in kindergarten who came to my class with no English. She was scared to death (as can be expected), but this child would try to RUN out of my room (and down the hall if she was quick enough), yelling and kicking the door in the morning because she didn't want to stay at school! I had to call in back-up (counselor, assistant principal and a teacher intern- YES, 3 PEOPLE!) Well, now she has me for first grade and I am happy to say that she no longer runs away from me! :) She reads, writes and speaks English very well- even better than some of my native speakers.... and she loves school!

3. If I wasn't a teacher,... hmmm.....I'd probably be teaching Pilates (full time) or personal training. Fitness is my only other passion that even comes close to teaching!

Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

1 comment

  1. Wow! That really is a success story. it is so nice to take the time to look back in that way. Now, I am wondering what my rewarding experience is. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top