Calling All "No-Reply" Bloggers

Do you leave comments on blogs and get bummed out when you don't get a reply? Or even worse, you ask a burning question and it goes unanswered?? It may be because you are a "no reply comment" blogger. Let me explain...

When you comment on a Blogger blog (Google), it will be sent to the author's email inbox which is the most convenient place from which to reply to you, right? However, they may see this...
That means if they click reply, whatever response they type and send will not reach you. (I don't know where it goes, but it's definitely not to you! I know because I tried it out with my teammate! :) You may be unintentionally telling people that you do not want them to reply. Bummer.

There is an easy way to fix this problem. You just need to go into your profile settings and change what seems to be a default setting. I found an easy tutorial for Google Blogger and Google+. Click on the button below and it will take you to that super-easy-to-follow tutorial on Robin's blog, Fluster Buster.

I was so thrilled after I changed my "no reply" status, I left Robin a comment, and guess what? She REPLIED! Woo hoo! :)

Now, I'm certainly no tech expert, but I have read on other blogs that Wordpress users may have trouble leaving comments on Blogger blogs that allow them to get replies. Some blogs' comment boxes are designed in such a way that you are required to leave your email address, so that solves your problem right there. In any case, it's something to be aware of if you are a blog lover and wish to receive replies from the people whom you follow.

OK, so I'm leaving you with some homework... follow Robin's tutorial and check your profile settings. Let me know how it goes, and I'll be sure to reply.  ;)

Signature photo ScreenShot2013-04-26at54143PM.png

No comments

I love to connect through comments....
Thanks for being thoughtful!

Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Back to Top